May 4, 2013

Blog Every Day In May..Whoops..it's May 4!

I had every intention of joining in on Jenni's super motivational "Blog Every Day In May" series, but obviously it's May 4 and this is my first post. Don't worry, I'm ok with it. I'll join in when I can...hopefully more often than not!!

I think this is JUST the little push in the rear I need to get back into blogging after some spotty posts here and there (side note - I hate that word - spotty - but y'all will have to forgive me...I'm drawing a blank for a better one). Hehe.

Today's theme is: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it


If you know me at all, you know I love me some quotes. I'm a word girl through and through. Typography, quotes, writing, reading...the whole she-bang. That's me. I write them down, make little posters of them and hang them on my mirror. I have a whole Pinterest Board dedicated to just quotes. 


As of late, this quote has been super prevalent in my mind. 



That pretty much says it all. My Mom is one of the strongest women I know. 


I don't really think I've talked about this whole cancer (schmancer) thing a lot (it's been kinda emotional for me & everyone involved), but my Mom is going through 6 weeks of radiation to try and kick this brain tumor's B-U-T-T, and it is all super crazy and super hard to watch her go through it. Someday, I hope to write a more in depth post about it all - because it's life changing for everyone involved (especially my Mom...obviously).

Kinda deep for a Saturday, I know. But bear with me...it's ALL that's been on my mind lately. 


Dangit! I just can't leave things on a down note.... so here's a pic of the coolest kid around, just to brighten your day (well, atleast mine, anway)!!





Photobucket



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I think that is a great quote which I love & adore! Its something we all should remember & be aware of... We are stronger then we give ourselves credit for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jenna! I am so sorry. I wish I could just give you a giant hug. That is my biggest fear.
    Your mama is so lucky to have you-- She'll totally kick this cancer to the curb with the support she sounds like she has.

    You are so strong. I'm sure it's hard to keep it all together during this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOU DOLL!! I AM HEAR IF YOU EVER NEED TO CHAT! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you are going through something so difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you & your family!! The picture of your little guy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom and your whole family will be in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete

I seriously A D O R E each of your comments!! Your feedback & love make my heart happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...