April 12, 2014

The Tiny Bathroom Makeover

I affectionately refer to our guest bathroom as "The Tiniest Bathroom in the World."

At just 4ft. x 6ft., the space is just that - T I N Y. Or as some would say, cozy. It gets SO MUCH USE, though. Our guests use it, we use it, and now that D is potty trained - he is constantly in there.

plank wall diy

Every time I went in there, it was like it was just screaming at me --
DO SOMETHING WITH ME! I"M SO UGLY, BUT I COULD BE SO CUTE!!

Yes. My bathroom totally talks to me. 

It's been on my list of projects to do since we moved in (and that was almost 3 years ago!). So, finally I told my hubby..that's it. We are fixing this nagging little irk of a bathroom.

ideas for blank walls

The inspiration for the wall came from a Parade of Homes house I saw waaaay back a couple of years ago. They did a huge wall with tons of dark wood planks on it. It was in a kids bathroom, and I thought it looked so good! Maybe a little much on a huge wall, but I knew I would love it on a smaller scale.

It was pretty simple to do, actually (well, kind of. hehe). The hubs bought a big box of cedar floor planks from Home Depot. Then we measured the wall, and measured the planks. He was in charge of cutting each piece to size with his handy Miter Saw. I was in charge of making sure they fit and looked good up on the wall. I let him do all the hard labor (isn't that nice of me). We started at the top, and worked our way down.

Then he just nailed each piece to the wall. Yes, it was a lot of nails. We tried glue the planks on the wall first, but it was so smelly - - my sensitive nose couldn't handle it. So, nails won out.

After it was all hung up, I got to decorating. That part is my favorite, of course!

how to do plank walls

It took about 1/2 day to finish it. I really really really love how it turned out! Now every time I walk in there, I wanna just stay in there all day. Kinda weird, right? But I feel like every room in your house you should just LOVE to pieces. Even a tiny little guest bathroom.

plank wall diy

plank wall diy

plank wall diy

Next up on "The Project List", the Playroom in our basement! I'm so excited to get started on that room, you have no idea!


"SMILE" BANNER // MY BEARDED PIGEON
SHELF // IKEA
VASE // POTTERY BARN
AIR PLANTS // via RED ENVELOPE

Pin It

17 comments:

  1. that looks so nice amazing what you can do in small places http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Where is that little banner from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the link is above, from My Bearded Pigeon on etsy ! ( thats me!)

      Delete
  3. This looks fantastic! I'm renovating my little toilet at the moment and have my eye on wallpaper that looks like planks of wood =) Love the look of this you've done a great job. The air plants are a nice touch too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great makeover! Where did you get the magazine rack?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business Products. Keep on continuing with this. I also provides this service visit the site.Best western Bathroom fixtures Curve Hospitality provides hotel owners and hotel franchises with comprehensive solutions to maximize operational efficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay this is so great! you have such good style! cutest cozy bathroom ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous! What an amazing difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. plank wall is neat and love the rack you have for "bathroom reading"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo cute! I've thought about doing this in our Master Bedroom. If we stay in this house for several more years I think we're going to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you did an awesome job!!! This makes me want to redecorate my own bathroom haha. Love how it turned out! Glad I found your blog :)

    xo, Jenna
    http://thesuburbanmrs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I seriously A D O R E each of your comments!! Your feedback & love make my heart happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...