October 25, 2011

A New Twist on an Old Fave...

There are few things I love more in this world than to bake! There must be something about the aroma of the sugar, the warmth coming from the oven, or saying, "Hey! I just made these" that is so satisfying! 


One of my most favorite things to make is Rice Krispie Treats. I think I have made these more than anything else. Yes, they are easy...ok they are ridiculously easy. Does that make them any less delicious? Absolutely not. So when I came across this new twist on them from Gimme Some Oven (they have the best desserts!) I just had to give it a try. 

For those of you who don't know how to make these already, shame shame (kidding, kidding)! But you've been missing out! After I made these, my husband could not stop eating them (and neither could I for that matter).


Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

Ingredients: 

  • 3 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
  • 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
  • 6 cups crispy rice cereal
The Wife's 2 sidenotes:
1...The original recipe used sprinkles on top of their treats, but I chose not to because sprinkles are not my cup of tea. If you/or your kiddies like them, they do add a fun touch!
2...I added extra cake batter mix to mine (about 1/2 cup). The first time I made these I couldn't really taste the cake batter...and trust me you WANT to taste it!








Let me know if you try these and what you think!

The Wife
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Are these the rice krispie treats that we missed out on?? They look amazing! And I love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

I seriously A D O R E each of your comments!! Your feedback & love make my heart happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...