December 19, 2011

A Week of Posts in a DAY

Happy Monday! I can't believe Christmas is THIS Sunday! Eek! I am a ball of nerves and excitement this year. I have so much I still want/need to do before then. So, because I will be so crazy busy this week, I thought I would do a "week of posts" in just one day. Today, being that day. Enjoy!

Make-It-Monday: 
This necklace is pretty easy to make, which is why I love it so much. Think of the possibilities! You could add different beads, sequins, gems, etc..just make it YOUR own!

Materials Needed:

Step 1: Cut your string (you can use any color you want), into two strands. One strand needs to be an inch longer than the other (so it will lay flat). 

Step 2: Begin stringing your beads on both strands. Tie a knot at each end of the beads so they stay in place.


Step 3: Once both of your strands are beaded, thread them through the toggle clasp and tie a double knot. *You can also use a jump ring  and chain if you would like (I opted for the easier version of just double-knotting).
That's it, my friends.you're done! So easy, but so cute!
__________________________________________________________________________________
Try-It-Tuesday: Splurge vs. Save


As some of you know, I am a lover of all things Bobbi Brown. However, I don't work for them anymore, and so buying the products I have grown to love has become a bit taxing on my wallet. I have been looking scouring the aisles at the grocery store for something that would compare to this:

Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Moisturizing Balm ($88)
This Balm is aaaamaaazing! I have uber-sensitive (being a redhead) skin, and this stuff is phenomenal if you have dry, sensitive or flaky skin. It helps with wrinkles and fine lines and feels super rich, without being sticky. I have used this for about five years, and never thought I could find anything that would compare to it. Now, don't get me wrong, if you want (or CAN) spend the money..I say go for it! You won't regret it. 

However, if you want to save a little money, I found a moisturizer I like almost as much for about $10. 
It's Eucerin Q-10 Anti-Wrinkle for Sensitive Skin. It doesn't have a weird smell (I'm super OCD about smells), and is rich and creamy. It has already done wonders for my skin this winter! I can't tell you how thrilled I am (and how thrilled my hubby is) that I saved $70! I got mine at Ulta, if you want to check it out. 

__________________________________________________________________________________
Wishful Wednesday:

What I am wishing I had in my closet right now!
Tory Burch Leather Bracelets

Frye 'Melissa Button' Boots



______________________________________________________________________________

Tasty Thursday: Creamy White-Chicken Chili

I have been asked to share this recipe, because it is just so delicious!  It is one of my favorites and as easy as 1, 2, Chili! 

Ingredients: 
2 cans White Chicken (or you can use 2 cups of chicken from a Rotisserie Chicken)
2 cans Great Northern Beans 
1 (14.5 oz) can Chicken Broth
2 cans Green Chilies
Seasoning:
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Oregano 

Rinse and drain the beans. Combine all ingredients in a soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and heat through. 

Serve with hot breadsticks or whatever you want! 
Yummy!
______________________________________________________________________________

Funny Friday:

Who doesn't want a good laugh everyday? I make it a point to try and get my little babe to laugh, and when he does, it is seriously one of the best parts of my day. 

I saw this video the other day, and busted up laughing. This is SO me and my friends. Get your laugh on! :)

______________________________________________________________________________

Well there you have it! A week of posts! 

A quick THANK YOU to all of my friends, family and fantastic followers who have given me so much support on this blog so far. You guys have made me feel all tingly :) Love you all! 

Happy Holidays!!!!

The Wife
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. That video is hilarious! And super cute necklace! Have a great Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my I love all these posts!!! Especially the DIY necklace...so cute and how easy is that?!?! :-)

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AaReAn
    Thanks Aarean! Your blog is my new favorite "read of the day"! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that DIY necklace!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those brown boots! I just came over from my sister's blog, Kylee Noelle. Love your blog banner too :)

    Courtney Lane
    courtneylanemichaels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha that video just made my day!!! How funny! But im a little worried, are us girls really like that? Maybe a little, ha. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Such a good idea to wrap it up in one day.

    Followed the blog btw, hope you do not mind. And maybe you'll visit me someday.


    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun necklace! i have these beads i made from recycled paper. maybe i could do something like this.

    thanks so much for stopping by and saying hey!

    merry christmas
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. Feel free to make me that necklace. :)

    Wishful Wednesday is my fave.

    Thanks for the comment, I am loving your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the DIY necklace! Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this whole week post!
    :) so many things to do!
    and omg the chili looks delicious!

    :) i would love to share the macaroons
    with you ♥

    i am now your newest follower :)
    i hope you like my blog enough to
    follow back so we can keep in touch ♥


    also..
    Don't Forget To Enter
    My First Giveaway ♥♥
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! I came over from The Tales of a Young Housewife and had to tell you I think you're blog is super cute. Love the video. Hope you don't mind if I follow you.

    Feel free to check my mommy blog out if you'd like.

    the-rioses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That video is hilarious!!! Love the necklace too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg I am cracking up out loud! SO funny and so true. I'm about to make my husband watch this to see if he thinks I say this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

I seriously A D O R E each of your comments!! Your feedback & love make my heart happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...