Then I saw this cake. I just couldn't resist. I tweaked it a little bit and made my version with Raspberries. It was pretty delish! Not too heavy, and not too sweet! In fact, I don't think there was actually ANY calories in it at ALL (ha, a girl can dream)!
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (from fresh squeezed lemon)
- 3 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- For Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (squeezed from fresh lemon)
- 2 teaspoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1--Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2--For cake, mix first 6 ingredients together (Sugar, Butter, Lemon Juice, Lemon Concentrate, Raspberries & Vanilla) in a bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- 3--Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4--Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk.
- 5--Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture. Beat well after you add.
- 6--Pour batter into 2 (9-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray; sharply tap pans once on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 7--To prepare frosting, place 2 tablespoons butter (room temp) in mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar slowly as butter softens. Add milk to make more creamy. Then add lemon & vanilla. Mix well. (Do not over-beat).
- 8--Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Store cake in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 9--EAT & ENJOY!
|He kept grabbing the Lemons to taste..so I gave him a lick, but I think he regretted it! :)|
Jenna, The Wife