March 16, 2012

Beauty Q&A (Edition Two)

Welcome back to Beauty Q&A day! I'm going to TRY and keep this one SHORTER than last time..but it's hard, because I just have SO MUCH INFO I want to share with you all!


I got a LOT of questions this week (YAY!!!!), so I answered the questions that I got the most of. Hopefully one of YOURS got answered (if not, I will be doing more of these in the coming weeks so stay tuned :)

Step 1-Start w/ Mascara (try zig-zagging the wand over your lashes to get them fully coated)
Step 2-Appy an Eye Base to lids (helps shadow from creasing)
Step 3-Gently smooth over entire base of lid
Step 4-Swipe a lighter shade (bone, nude, etc) over ENTIRE lid
Step 5- Take some of the light shade and swipe on inner corner of eye for brightening
(can be the same shade or one w/ a hint of shimmer)
Step 6- Starting with inner corner, apply color to lid
Step 7- Move across your eye, applying the color to the base of your lid and a little above the crease
Step 8- Go back with the lighter color and dust under brow bone for highlight
Aaaand Done! You can also apply mascara/liner to top/bottom of your eye-
I don't usually do this for a basic eye..but do what makes you feel beautiful! :)

**If you want a list of the products I used, I will list it at the end of this post**

1-Start with a Liquid/Gel Eyeliner (I like NYX, Bobbi Brown & Elf)
2-Using your wand/brush, start with the inner corner of your eye and slowly move outward.
3-Apply only a VERY THIN LINE at first.
4-Then start building the liner towards the outer eye making it thicker at the outer eye
5-Act as if you are extending the length of your lashes and apply the cat eye going UP (not across or down)
Making a small FLICK upwards
6-Then use your liner to fill in any gaps you have created.
**Q-Tips are your best friend! If you make a mistake, simply wipe it away!**

I am not really a fan of the HUGE CAT EYE, so this is my mini-version.
You can always AMP it up if you want to!
Ok, people. This is an EASY ONE! If you are trying to avoid the "80's Nike Swoosh" look, then listen up.
All you need to do are 2 THINGS!
1-SMILE! And start applying the blush onto the APPLE of your cheek.
2-Blend DOWN and OUT (not UP and back toward your cheekbone)
That's it! Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
There ya have it, girlies! I hope you learned a little bit (maybe? hopefully?)!

Keep those beauty questions coming!! (JennaTheWife@gmail.com)

Jenna, The Wife

Products Used:
Basic Eye--Maybelline The Falsies Mascara//Laura Mercier Eye Base in Linen//Bobbi Brown Bone Shimmer EyeShadow//MAC Brown Script EyeShadow.
Cat Eye-NYX Grow Lash Liquid Liner
Blush-Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink Pin It

21 comments:

  1. so helpful! love the blush tip--i pinned this series ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so talented and amazing! i love that blush color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are beautiful, jenna!
    great tips and great pics!
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tips, so helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your eyes are gorgeous girl! thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. smartest cutest girl around.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok can you come do my makeup everyday for me? mmmkay, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, I have serious issues when trying to do the cateye look with liner so thanks for the tips. Ps-i fully endorse eye primer, not enough girls know about it!

    1comewhatmay.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your blog a few days ago and I love it! You are adorable and I'm loving these beauty tips, especially the blush one. I recently bought blush and started using it (I hadn't used it in years!) and I wondered the proper way to apply. So thanks for that tip! Do you have any daily moisturizers you recommend? Preferably one with SPF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this!! So glad I found your blog! Newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it!!! I am a sucker for a great cat eye!!! and you are so super gorgeous...!!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sense of style and lovely posts! Would you like to follow each other?
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute blog you have! I love that blush look, it's so innocent and fresh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never knew you were suppose to go down and out with blush! I always do what you said not to do, up and back toward cheekbones. Thanks! I love your Beauty Q&A! You are the perfect person to do it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You gorgeous girl! LOVE the tips so much! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are great tips! I have ALWAYS wanted to know how to do the cat eye! love it! you are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. great tutorial! your eyes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all such great tips! I am a new follower of your sweet blog.
    I hope you'll stop by my blog, Cupcakes and Candy Canes, sometime!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that cat eye! Now if you could just come over and hook me up! New follower and glad to have found your creative space on the web:D

    ReplyDelete
  20. The blush tip I needed to hear I always go up and back -eeek! Your eyes are vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

I seriously A D O R E each of your comments!! Your feedback & love make my heart happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...