I remember pre-Davis (well I can barely remember that time in my life now) my friends with kids would gush and gush over their littles. Raving about this or that...telling me all kinds of stories that - to be honest - I didn't really give a hoot about.
NOW? It's all I can do to shut myself up from telling everyone who has ears about how awesomely funny or silly or talkative or smart he is becoming.
So I'm sorry, but you're in for it today. I present:
TEN REASONS WHY MY TODDLER
BOOSTS MY SELF-ESTEEM DAILY
1. He gives me oodles of kisses in the morning - even when I know I have horrible morning breath.
2. He likes me on my "fat days" - because he has no idea what those are. And could care less about them. He just knows me as his awesome Mama.
3. He pats my head and strokes my hair like he's saying, "Man I have the prettiest Mama ever" (atleast that's what I'm telling myself he's saying).
4. He doesn't care that I'm not the best baseball player, swimmer or artist in the world..he just loves that I am playing WITH him.
5. He runs to me and squeals Maaaaaammmmaaaaa! Like I'm the best thing he's ever seen.
6. I say "kisses"...and he does it on command. It's like magic. The best magic ever. I say "huggies"...and he does it. And squeezes me so tight, tears come pouring out of me.
7. He thinks I'm hilarious. If I say something or do something funny, he is the best laugher in town. Something I would NEVER think is funny, he can laugh for minutes & minutes about. BOOOOST!
8. If I give him a piece of candy, he screams with delight and hugs my leg like he's just won the lottery. All for ONE piece of candy. I mean...come ON. If sugar wasn't so bad for him, I'd give him 500 pieces a day if I get that reaction every time.
9. He makes me want to be a happier, funner, nicer, person - simply because he is so full of joy. How can you not love someone that does THAT for you?
10. At the end of the day, when I'm putting him to bed, and he says "Night Night Mama"...I could care less what I look like, what crazy things he's done to me that day, what messes he's made, how I haven't showered all day....all I care about is that he's MINE. That's when, I know that he loves me. That's when...I know for today, I've done a good job at being his Mom.